Eggs with Staka cream on toasted bread
No explanation needed for eggs. They are too delicious not to be eaten all the time, that’s for sure. When it comes to Staka cream though, questions might pop up.
Staka can be considered identical to the word “taste”.
Imagine the freshly boiled goat milk with a skin created on its surface called Tsipa. They gather this with great patience and then they boil it until it turns into a cream.
To this add salt, flour and water and blend them in low temperature. Then the cream is separated from the butter and is ready to use.
What you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 40-50g staka cream
- 2-3 tablespoons goat butter
- Freshly ground black pepper for garnish
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
To make the staka cream:
- Place the staka in a pot, in a low temperature. When it starts melting, stir constantly with a spoon, very slowly, always in the same direction.
- Add the salt and the flour, while stirring at the same time.
- When the temperature drops, separate the staka from the butter with a spoon
- Toast your bread the way you like it.
- Add the goat butter in a wide pan and warm it up in low temperature. Break in two eggs and fry them to your desired doneness.
- Serve them in a deep dish, on top of the toasted bread and spread 2 tablespoons of the staka cream you previously prepared.
- Add 2 cherry tomatoes on the side.