ERGON Spicy Pumpkin Marmalade
If you’re looking for something to go well with your morning toast, or with your cheese platter during an evening gathering for wine, then this pumpkin marmalade is what you need. This is a wonderfully thick marmalade combining a sweet and spicy flavor at the same time. Using just 4-5 ingredients you will have.
Makes around 2kg marmalade.
What you will need:
- 1kg Pumpkin
- 1kg Sugar
- 5gr chili pepper flake
- 50gr mastiha “submarine” cream
- Peel pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into small cubes.
- Place the pumpkin cubes in a pan and cover with sugar. Bring the pumpkin with the sugar to boil and add the chili pepper flakes together with the mastiha cream.
- Boil slowly (medium temperature) for 30-45 minutes till tender
- At the point you see the mixture getting thick, remove the pan from the heat and stir it well with a hand mixer until it gets a fresh fleshy and creamy, at the same time, consistency.
- Ladle the marmalade in a jar and then seal.