“Revithada” Chickpeas soup oven baked, with rosemary lemon and feta mousse
A typical dish, taking us back to our childhood days, always prepared in different versions from one home to another. While not appreciating how tasty this dish was back then, growing older we have come to enjoy this delicious yet so simple recipe.
If you love beans in general then give this recipe a try. The lemon and the rosemary will be the cream of the crop of this dish.
What you will need:
- 500gr. chickpeas
- 1 onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- half bunch of a rosemary leaf
- 150gr. crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of milk
To make the feta mousse:
- Put the feta Cheese in a whipping bowl and start mixing it with a hand mixer together with the milk and the yogurt, until it gets a creamy texture.
- Place the chickpeas in a saucepan and cover them in water for 6-8 hours. This is important because the chickpeas get softened and they are easier to cook. They also become easier to digest as they break-down the gas-inducing sugars
- Pour ¼ cup of olive oil into a pot, over medium heat, when oil is starting to bubble, add the rosemary and the onion to get all the aromas.
- Add the chickpeas, salt, pepper and water until it covers the chickpeas
- At the point they start boiling, add the lemon juice and a bit of lemon zest
- Place them in a baking pan and bake them in the oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes at 200 degrees.